Saturday 31 December 2016

Two thousand and sixteen

Those of you who have been reading my blog over the past few years will probably vaguely remember a couple of posts about what I've learnt in previous years. What I learnt in 2014 and Things 2015 taught me, so seeing as I've hardly posted this year I thought I would make it a hat-trick and bore you all with some of the things I have learnt in 2016. So here it goes...

God has a plan. While I have always known this to some degree this year has been the year I've trusted it. I don't mean a plan for 20 years time either, I mean right now. Some of the little things that have happened this year, which could have only been Gods doing, just highlighted that he's got things under control.

My appearance isn't anyone else's problem. I have spent far too many years of my life trying to conform to societies warped idea of what beauty is. People are forever commenting their opinion on what they think I should look like. Youlooknicerwithlongerhair, ipreferyourhairblondewhydidyoudyeit, youlooknicerwithmakeupon, youlookedbetterbeforeyoulostweight, dontgainanymoreyoulllookfat. I've gained weight, lost weight, grown, cut, dyed my hair and someone always has something to say. If my appearance bothers you that much you are not the kind of person I need in my life.

I am my own worst enemy. I told myself I would fail my college course and told myself I would't pass my driving test. I'm now reapplying for Uni having got the grades I need and the proud owner of a pink license and Norris (my car). So eff you negative Lydia!

People leave. Let them - if somebody wants to be in your life they'll make an effort.

People stay. There has been a small handful of people who have been brilliant this year. People who have been with me during good times and not ran away when things have been bad but instead held open their arms and tried to support me in anyway possible. I am so grateful for these people for showing me such love even though I really don't deserve it. (Shout out to the Archers, Hunters and Hd's)

Chicken Nuggets are rank. The people who obsess over McD's chicken nuggets are in need of serious medical help. They are vile.

Prosecco. I feel like this one speaks for itself.

Life goes on. So many times this year I've claimed "I'm so done" and meant it. So many things have happened that have made me want to give up, yet the following morning I'm ready to try again.

Accept an apology you didn't receive. It changes everything. Someone's upset you? Pretend they apologized. It prevents grudges and ill feelings that they might not have realized they've caused. You can forgive someone and not want anything to do with them. But if you don't forgive you're the one holding onto the hurt and anger and I guarantee it's bothering you a hell of a lot more than them!

Iceland's mince pies are the best.
Sorry M&S, Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys, Spar, Co-op, home bakers and what ever other ones I tried but you just can not beat a Mince pie from Iceland!

I am loved, so unworthy, but loved none the less.
While 2016 hasn't been a fantastic year i'd rather not dwell on the lows. It's also had some wonderful moments and been filled with positives too (like a holiday to ZA!). So now it's time to sit by myself and drink prosecco to welcome in the new year. May 2017 be filled with new adventures, new lessons and be a happy healthy one for you all xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment