Sunday 31 March 2013

I did it!

Now I know i've mentioned recovery and mental illness in my blog. So maybe its about time that mention that I am a recovering anorexic. Before you think I'm attention seeking by saying this, firstly go and read my previous post 'Silence speaks louder than words'. Secondly, I'm sick of eating disorders being such a misunderstood thing and people talking about their struggles is on the only way to change that.

Today, for the first time in what seems like forever, I ate in front of strangers. I haven't sat down at a table full of people to eat in so long. That alone would of been a big achievement, let alone with strangers too! I know, to some of you that may not seem like a big deal but eating in front of people always has been one of my biggest struggles when it comes to recovery.

While we sat round the table the conversation somehow turned to eating disorders, that was a little bit awkward. Especially when I was questioned as to whether I have an eating disorder or not. It was interesting to hear peoples perspectives on them though. - I think i'm going to post more about eating disorders in the future, to give other people and even myself a better understanding of them, watch this space!

This post is pretty meaningless and I'm sorry for wasting your time but I am proud of myself, its a rare feeling, so I thought I'd share.

Thank you for reading and sorry for the pointless post.
xxxx


Ps just a quick note to say that...Easter, contrary to popular belief, is not about chocolate. (If you had chocolate for breakfast I am judging you). It's so much more, Jesus is alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment