Friday 1 January 2016

What 2015 has taught me

Seeing as last year I wrote down a few things that I had learned over the 365 days that made up 2014 I have decided it would only be fitting to do the same for 2015

  • God is AMAZING. Last year I spoke about how good God is, but 'good' just doesn't do it justice this year, he is more than good. I have watched lives change, people become new and even had my life changed all thanks to the big Man. I can only hope that in 2016 I can witness more wonderful things and see lives be transformed and i can not wait to find out what He has in store for me.
  • The male species are strange. Having previously paid more attention to anorexia than males this had never been an issue but this year its become clear to me that those of you with a penis are so confusing or so disgusting. Seriously if groping me in a night club, wolf whistling or asking me to be your 'fuck buddy' is your way of trying to 'pull' it isn't going to work. 
  • Over thinking ruins things. Finally I realised I am not the only person who feels like a victim trapped in their own mind. STOP CREATING SCENARIOS IN YOUR HEAD THAT HAVE NOT AND WILL NOT HAPPEN(ED). You are just going to bugger things up, miss chances, ruin relationships and that ain't no fun.
  • Education is quite important. Having spent my school years not attending, not trying and not caring I am regretting this now that I finally know where I want to go in life. Seriously, if you are still in school and you are reading this try your hardest because when it comes to being 20 and having to work twice as hard as the 16/17/18 year olds to get the same level qualifications is not fun. 
  • There are nice people who work in mental health. HALLELUJAH - you just have to be patient until you find one (Only took me 6 years).
  • Gaining weight is easy peasy. Losing it without resorting to old habits, is not.
  • I make the worlds best cookies. I have the ability to eat 30 in one day, beat that.
  • Prayer is powerful. You could argue that this is same as God is amazing.. but without prayer I wouldn't be able to function, cope or eat without feeling guilty.It's amazing how just offering to pray for someone can have such a massive impact on them.
  • Sticks and stones may break my bones but words are even worse. Words have a bigger impact than what I originally thought they would, be careful with what comes out your mouth... 
  • Be careful what you think. If you think about nothing but the bad, you'll see nothing but the bad. If you tell yourself it's going to be a bad day, it will be. 
  • People will walk out of your life when you need them most. It hurts, but let go. If someone does not want to be in your life you can not make them stay there. 
  • South Africa is home. Going back this year and spending time with inspiring, lovely, supportive people means i've already booked 2016's flights. If home is where the heart is then South Africa is home.
  • Mental health is more important than money. Leaving a 8-6, 5 day a week job for a 3 day a week job where I am not surrounded by other females, gossip and toxic people has done wonders for mental health I might be poor but waking up for work is not always a chore anymore... even if I am dirt poor.
  • Crying does not make you weak. If you need to cry, do it, let it all out. You will feel better for it, never mind ruining your mascara, just let that run down your face. The amount of people who have seen me cry this year is shocking but hey i'm only human.
  • If it is not okay it is not the end.


    Considering I once told people I had no intention of living past the age of 16 (in 2011), I am excited to see what 2016 will bring, possibly university, certainly a holiday to sunny SA and who knows maybe I'll find a rich man to marry me - doubt it though.

    Here is to a happy and healthy 2016 for you all xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment