Saturday 30 November 2013

Charlie speaks the truth!

"You know what I'm sick to death of? This idea society has where you can't say good things about yourself because it's considered arrogant. It's more okay to say 'I'm shit' rather than 'I'm THE shit' it's more acceptable to self loath than self love. As soon as you flaunt your talent or what you like about yourself you're labeled big headed and this drives me mad! There's nothing wrong with being proud of your achievements or if you like the way you look one day there's nothing wrong with going out and saying 'damn I look good today' (and if you know you look good but say you look shit so someone will tell you don't - stop it right now!!!! You don't need anyone else to do that okay!!!! You don't need anyone's reassurance) don't be afraid to say 'you know what, I'm awesome' to be honest I'd much rather sit and listen to someone say what they like about themselves rather than everything they hate. I find it more attractive when someone is confident and comfortable in their own skin. I worked hard for everything in my life and I'm not ashamed to say I'm proud of everything I've achieved. I can run 10miles, I'm good at writing, I love my hair and my eyes and I also love the way my legs look in skinny jeans. So society am I an arrogant, big headed, over confident, self centered person because I said what I liked about myself rather than what I hated? Because if I am then, my friends, the world really is a screwed up place." - Charlie Attrill.

I have never read anything more accurate in my entire life. So please guys, instead of talking yourselves down, talk yourself up! What do you like about yourself? What are you good at? What talents do you have?! (if your answer to those 3 questions was 'Nothing, Nothing, None' then please think harder and be nicer to yourself!)

I like my eyes when my eyeliner goes right and as wrong as it is I like the gap between my thighs. I'm good at listening to other people and I'm good at baking (and even better at eating what I've baked). I dont have any amazing talents but I love it when I make people laugh.

Being kind to yourself shouldn't be seen as a bad thing! You are awesome and its okay to treat yourself like you are!  

No comments:

Post a Comment