Monday 1 September 2014

inside out

While I was in Africa people kept telling me I'm beautiful, which I found really weird. All my life people have pointed out flaws in my appearance, called me ugly and even been given 2/10 for my looks. I find it difficult to accept compliments because it feels like i'm being lied to, so I kind of just awkwardly laugh or ignore the compliment all together.

I've had all sorts of comments made about my appearance:
Too fat
Too Thin
Massive forehead
Short
Weird figure
Boat feet
Chubby cheeks
Ugly
Out of proportion

And then I have my own view of myself:
Strange hair, big forehead, bushy eyebrows, strange eyelids, small eyes, big/wide/pointy nose, odd shaped lips that somedays are too fat and other days too thin, unsymmetrical ears, fat face fat cheeks, double chin, non existent neck, broad shoulders, wide torso, muffin top, strange hips, violin deformity, bulging thighs,  muscly calves, huge feet, terrible skin, man hands, freaky knees, scars.
There isn't a single squared cm of myself that I think I actually like And while that makes life a bit difficult and my confidence a bit low it doesn't matter.

I was made in God's image and he loves me. And doesn't matter what other people think about my external.
"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7

No comments:

Post a Comment